Sunday, November 16, 2008

half way there

So I have not given up on my nanowrimo dreams. Tonight, a few minutes ago, I passed the half way point. According to the forum, 25000 words is cause for celebration with champagne and such. However, I am alone with Max and he is asleep and snoring. I don't even want a glass of wine because even though I am half way there, I am still behind. I need my fingers to fly fast over the keyboard and my brain to spit out words, so no wine for me. I have been a slacker these last two nights, going out to see other live human beings instead of staying in with my laptop. I have to get busy. Doing Nanowrimo is teaching me quite a few life lessons, which hopefully I will remember when I am done and will share with you when I have more writing time.

My friend is coming to stay with me for a couple weeks or months. I am excited about it. It will be nice to have someone else in the house. She is a published writer, so I am sure she will understand my Nanowrimo obsession. Who knows, she may even join me.

Back to my fictional world...

1 comment:

  1. sometimes i find wine makes the words flow better...they aren't always coherent words but words nonetheless. lol :o)

    ReplyDelete