It’s getting close to Christmas, yet somehow I don’t have the usual warm fuzzy feeling. I could put this down to several causes. Wes is not here, so things are not quite the same. I have not decorated like I usually do, so the house doesn’t quite feel like Christmas. I also don’t have a handle on the presents like I usually do. I usually enjoy shopping for presents, but this year it has been hard. I don’t think that I will be sending out cards this year since it is down to crunch time and I am completely unprepared.
Things are not going well on the job front and this is partially my fault. I know that I am not aggressive enough when pursuing leads. Sigh… I told myself when I moved here that if I didn’t have a real job by Dec, I would get a minimum wage job just to be making money. I have been looking, but I find myself turning my nose up at many such jobs. Since I am going to be traveling back home to the UP for the holidays, I have decided to wait until after then to get one of these jobs. Of course, after the holidays, they lay off many people because people stop buying stuff, so that may be a bad time to get a job.
Over the last month, I have had a few parties at the house and everything has been great. The house is perfect for parties and the yard is great for outdoor fires. I even managed to get almost all the brush burned that I have been cutting down since we moved in. I guess I will have to cut some more soon. There is plenty more to cut :) Yesterday I moved the old kitchen cabinets out of the attic down to the garage. I am glad we kept them because they look pretty good down there and will be very useful. Since I couldn’t lift them by myself, the day was an interesting spectacle of me sliding them down the attic steps, one step at a time and then scooting them across the floor on a piece of old carpet. I put the lower cabinets in place and screwed them to the wall, but didn’t bother to hang the upper cabinets. I say ‘bother’ as if I could have hung them by myself…ha! The garage is still stuffed to the gills, but at least the attic has room to maneuver and sort now.
I have been dabbling in painting as you may remember from a few previous blogs. I painted a couple new ones a week or two ago. I like them, but not enough to keep them in a miserly fashion. I put them up on Ebay for cheap, but no one bought them. You can see them below if you would like. The thing I didn’t realize about ebay was that you had to pay for a period of time that you posted stuff for sale. I knew you had to pay, but I thought that stuff would be there until it sold. No, you can put it up for 10 days at most and then you have to pay more money. Blah.
Tomorrow I am off to the north country for Christmas. I think I am optimistic about how much real work that I will get done there, but then I always am. I hope everyone has safe, warm and fuzzy Holidays!!!
Things are not going well on the job front and this is partially my fault. I know that I am not aggressive enough when pursuing leads. Sigh… I told myself when I moved here that if I didn’t have a real job by Dec, I would get a minimum wage job just to be making money. I have been looking, but I find myself turning my nose up at many such jobs. Since I am going to be traveling back home to the UP for the holidays, I have decided to wait until after then to get one of these jobs. Of course, after the holidays, they lay off many people because people stop buying stuff, so that may be a bad time to get a job.
Over the last month, I have had a few parties at the house and everything has been great. The house is perfect for parties and the yard is great for outdoor fires. I even managed to get almost all the brush burned that I have been cutting down since we moved in. I guess I will have to cut some more soon. There is plenty more to cut :) Yesterday I moved the old kitchen cabinets out of the attic down to the garage. I am glad we kept them because they look pretty good down there and will be very useful. Since I couldn’t lift them by myself, the day was an interesting spectacle of me sliding them down the attic steps, one step at a time and then scooting them across the floor on a piece of old carpet. I put the lower cabinets in place and screwed them to the wall, but didn’t bother to hang the upper cabinets. I say ‘bother’ as if I could have hung them by myself…ha! The garage is still stuffed to the gills, but at least the attic has room to maneuver and sort now.
I have been dabbling in painting as you may remember from a few previous blogs. I painted a couple new ones a week or two ago. I like them, but not enough to keep them in a miserly fashion. I put them up on Ebay for cheap, but no one bought them. You can see them below if you would like. The thing I didn’t realize about ebay was that you had to pay for a period of time that you posted stuff for sale. I knew you had to pay, but I thought that stuff would be there until it sold. No, you can put it up for 10 days at most and then you have to pay more money. Blah.
Tomorrow I am off to the north country for Christmas. I think I am optimistic about how much real work that I will get done there, but then I always am. I hope everyone has safe, warm and fuzzy Holidays!!!
Sky Key
Beyond Vedauwoo


How much were you looking to get for the Sky Key? I really like it...
ReplyDelete40$ Its 16x20 flat panel canvas unframed. Its based on a photo I took in the Florida Keys. Wes liked it too, so if you want it, I might have to paint him another one. :)
ReplyDeleteHave you tried etsy.com ? Its a great place for people to sell homemade art and stuff. I've heard some people are able to do really well. Not sure if it costs to post but figure it would be minimal.
ReplyDeleteI second the vote for etsy. Its all artsy stuff and isn't an auction like ebay. All set prices. A quick google says 20 cents per item listing fee, and they get 3.5 percent of every sale. I know things stay there until you sell it or take it off the site. I think you'd have better luck with etsy too. Most people don't look for art and stuff on ebay anymore.
ReplyDelete