C-day countdown: 9
Yesterday I went into the Hospital so the Dr’s could attempt an External Version to get BB head down for birth. It didn’t work so I am now scheduled for a C-section on Nov 12. This is something I didn't want, but I have no choice now, so I am looking at the perks for it. Many women have sent me messages helping with this, so I am accepting this is what will happen and making the best of it.
Yesterday was an experience. They gave me a choice of having an epidural or not. There was part of me that wanted to test how tough I was, but I decided that there was a better chance of them being able to turn BB if they didn’t have to worry about my discomfort too. Also, I would be more relaxed if I wasn’t in pain, giving them a better chance of turning her. The epidural was a little off though or something because my left side was so numb I couldn’t even move my leg, but the other side wasn’t really getting any medication. They turned me and adjusted my epidural and got me numb enough to proceed. Meanwhile they had also kept pumping in medication. My left leg was so numb that when I would accidentally bump it with my hand or something I thought it belonged to someone else for a micro second. I was also really groggy too. I didn’t really think an epidural was supposed to do that, but maybe it was they put so much medicine in me trying to get my right side to numb.
Anyway, they covered my belly in goo and monitored BB while they gave some mighty pushed on my belly. I just remember concentrating on relaxing and letting them work. There was a little pain on my right side, but easily bearable. Wes said all the pushing didn’t look comfortable. BB was getting stressed though and they couldn’t get her to turn so they stopped before they hurt her. So the bad news was that they couldn’t turn her. The good news is that the attempt did not result in the spontaneous eruption of BB or emergency C-section.
I was doing fine after the medication wore off, but once I got home, I wasn’t feeling so great. It honestly felt like a hangover and that is likely what was wrong. They put a lot of medication in me, maybe more than I needed. That and I forgot I had skipped my daily dose of caffeine. Oddly enough the most pain I had during the whole procedure was the shot they gave me in the arm and the removal of the IV. Even now, though my belly is a little tender, the most residual pain is on my back where they inserted the epidural. Funny.
BB has been moving around like normal since then, so it’s just proof that if you push this little girl around she’ll stand her ground and bounce back. Go BB!
So now that I have a day to countdown to, I guess I should prioritize the important activities before then. Like shopping and lunching with friends…errr…I mean revising the birth plan and vacuuming the car. :)
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment