Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Evil Teacher
I gave my students their second exam yesterday and it took some of them an hour and 45 minutes to complete it. Its only supposed to take an 1hr15min. I feel like an ogre over that. I had one student, who was on the verge of failing the class, get up and walk out of the exam because it was too hard. Ogre strike number two. I graded them last night because I am not going to have time to do it later. I grade blind. Not literally blind, but cover up the names so that I don't know whose paper I am grading. This keeps me from feeling bad about giving someone the score that they deserve. Of course, when I tally up the scores at the end, I still feel bad. I feel bad for the people that tried, but still didn't do well. Ogre strike number 3. Sadly, this makes it difficult for me to fall asleep. I wish I had that "enjoyment" of student torture that some of the other professors seem to have. Maybe I am not callous yet and it will come in time??? Anyway, I get to hand back their papers and exams today and then they will hate me. Orge strike number 4. Thursday I will get about 40 freshmen lab reports to grade and I already know that they are going to make me angry because they won't have correctd anything that was wrong with the last reports, but I will still lose sleep over it. Ugghh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment