Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Love-hate relationship

I used to love my computer, but I now I hate it. It used to do exactly what I wanted. Then, after it got a small cold and I took it to the IT department here, they screwed it up. Somehow they changed the administrator access and I can't even change my screen saver... on my own computer! Then they told me that they wouldn't work on it anymore because it is my personal computer, even though it is also my primary work computer. Things seem to be getting worse too. I had to restart my computer 4 times this morning to get past the windows startup screen. I have decided that I am not going to turn it off again until the end of the semester. Lesson learned: Always get a computer at your job even though you like your own because then they will have to fix it! On the other hand, it would have come with Vista (shudder!)
I think that I will strip all of the happy little stickers off my computer as its punishment. It can be boring and plain like the rest of the computers in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment