So I have been in Newport for a week now. I have mostly settled into the house, but there are still random piles of stuff around the house that haven't yet found a home. This of course doesn't stop me from buying more stuff, but every house needs different things. We move alot, so my hope is that some day I will have a large variety of storage/organization things and I will always have what I need. The movers dropped our TV and we are going to have to get a new one. In the mean time, I am watching green and magenta colored people.
Max and I have started settling into a routine as well. I sit on the back steps out of the wind and eat my cereal while he stalks birds (sometimes imaginary) around the back yard. The yard is not fenced in so I have to watch Max whenever he is outside. We have gone for several long walk around town and Max is learning his manners all over again. Apparently he took advantage of Julie and Heidi while they took care of him. He is learning to sit outside stores while I go in to buy things now. It is hard for him, but he will get to go on fewer walks if I can't do my shopping at the same time. I told him I would take him to the beach today but it is rainy and nasty, so we won't be doing that. Good thing he doesn't understand people talk otherwise he might be mad at me.
So far I like the town. I only like the downtown area when I am walking through it because driving is not fun. There are too many one ways and not enough street signs. There are many interesting looking stores but I haven't had much of a chance to poke around because I have had Max with me. I might have to leave him one day and go look around on my own.
I have applied to be an instructor at Michaels Arts and Crafts store to teach one of the craft classes. I haven't quite decided what I want to teach, either color pencil drawing or beadwork. I won't make very much money at it, but it will be something fun to teach and I can take a closer look at why teaching wasn't everything I thought it would be. I could teach up to three classes in February, but I think I will just start with one and see where things go from there.
As some of you know, Wes and I will be headed back to Norfolk in September of 2008. We had contemplated the idea of taking a long trip somewhere before he started on his new ship. We just found out that the ship may be deploying before we get to Norfolk, which means that Wes may not be able to take any time off, I may have to move by myself again and we will be spending another six months apart. I was hoping that it wouldn't be so soon. Wes is not happy because he will not have a chance to really learn how to do his new job before the stress of deployment. I guess its a good thing that I think I am tough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment