Its Sunday morning and I am bummed that my weekend is half over. Obviously, I've gotten busy enough that I know what day of the week it is again. A sad development.
Work at the farm last week was pretty tough. We spent most of the week moving pots from the greenhouses to the fields. I think they decided that I am tough because they put me on the boys team and we spent alot of time moving gallon sized plant trays, six gallons at a time. Usually I think that the work is good for my neck and shoulder problems, but they seem to be getting worse. I wish the paperwork would hurry up so I can go back to physical therapy.
The woman at the greenhouse that I wrote about before, the one that no one likes, she went home with a migrain on Tuesday. She asked me to give her a ride downtown, which I did even though I didn't want to. I don't really want to have more to do with her than I have to. She's OK, I just don't want her in my personal life. Anyway she asked if I would mind stopping at the liquour store for her along the way because she thought a few drinks might help the migraine. I didn't want to and resented the fact that I was taking time out of my day to help her run her errands. I decided to stop though because I knew if she had been a friend I wouldn't have minded so I was just being bitchy. She didn't show up to work or call for two days. We heard from her again on friday...pay day. She said she had been in the hospital, but when I asked her what was wrong, she vaguely mentioned not being able to keep anything down. I wondered if her liquor store purchases might have had more to do with it than anything else. Hhmmmm....
We also found several nests of baby rodents while we were moving pots out of the greenhouse. They were very cute! The guys hid them so that the bosses wouldn't find them because that would have been the end of the mice. We think that the one nest will not survive though because we think the mom was dead and they didn't have their eyes open yet. :(
Wes and I went for a drive yesterday with the top off the car. It has been warm here for the last couple days and this is the first nice weekend that we have had. It was very nice and I got to see some of the local area that I had not seen yet. I felt very conspicious when we drove through the dowtown area at snail speed. I felt like everyone was looking at us because we were in the nice car. I don't really like being the center of attention, so it was a little strange. I probably just imagined most of it.
I have been through two training sessions at Sylvan LC. I have observed twice, but mostly I watch a tutorial on the computer. It's a little overwhelming. I am sure that I will be able to teach the verbal portion of the class. I am not so sure about the math portion. I have been working on refreshing my geometry, but sometimes I get stuck. I am a little worried that I will not be able to do the class. On the otherhand, they give you all the answers in the book and the steps to get them. We'll see. The guy who is currently teaching the math class doesn't connect well with the students, so I might do better even though I am less knowledgeable. Thats what I keep telling myself when I think about giving up.
Next weekend Wes and I are going up to New Hampshire for our two-year anniversary. We are going to a very nice place near lakes and mountains. It looks very pretty and I am looking forward to it. Two years went by really fast it seems. Are we officially not newly weds anymore?
I am going to start reading New Earth for my book club. It may have a bit of cult overtones, I have been warned. Oh well, I guess I haven't had my cult dose in a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment