Monday, June 9, 2008

Thunder, Tornados, and floods, OH MY!

Last weekend I went to Madison for my Grandmother's 90th Birthday party. She doesn't actually turn 90 until October, so she was really surprised. It was really good to see everyone again, catch up on what is happening in their lives, and meet new kids and significant others. I also had a chance to go to the Olbrich Botanical Gardens and the Zoo, both free :) The gardens were amazing! The weather was interesting. Thunderstorms, tornados and floods. It prevented me from going out drinking with my brothers. darn. We went to see Prince Caspian instead. It was really good! Better than the first Narnia movie.

My flights were delayed there and back. Ick! I didn't miss any flights, but it was annoying. When I got to RI, it was 98 degrees at the airport. I had to go change before Wes picked me up so I didn't roast alive. By the time we got to Newport near the coast, the temperature had dropped 20 degrees. The house is finally cooling down now, but it still might be too hot to sleep.

So after I didn't get the job at the Norman Bird Sanctuary, the director had two more positions open up and offered me my choice of the two. Unfortunately they were fulltime and I can't do fulltime right now. I wouldn't have time to finish my papers, go to physical therapy, house hunt or work at Sylvan. I had to turn them down. :( I just want the right job!

I hope that it will not be this hot tomorrow as I have to go back to working in the greenhouses and outside for 4 more days yet before I am done with that job. If you don't hear from me again, I have died of heat stroke. You may have my cat. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment