On the Job Front: So I blogged previously about the job offers at Norman Bird Sanctuary that I turned down. Well, apparently the universe was telling me that I should have taken one of those jobs. I was expecting to be teaching biology at Sylvan this summer. Today I found out that the two students did so poorly grade-wise that they have to go to real summer school instead of to Sylvan. I won't be teaching them after all. So now I am going to learn how to do some other task at Sylvan instead. Still training, but not teaching. Ugghh!
On the Fun Front: My friend Marin came down from Boston on Saturday and we spent the morning wandering around seeing gardens on a secret garden tour. That was pretty cool, but I wish there had been a few more on the tour. It was good to talk to Marin again and I think focused more on our chat than on the secret garden. In the afternoon, we went shopping downtown, but I was good and didn't buy anything. After eating dinner, we watched "Pride and Prejudice" and made earrings from my plethora of beads. Gardens, shopping, jewelry making: all in all an excellent day. This coming weekend, Wes and I are going to go to Block Island on Saturday if the weathers good and I will go with a friend to the Newport Flower Show. Yay, more flowers!
Progress: I haven't really found any solid job leads, but Marin gave me some excellent advice and information, so I am hopeful again. Wes and I have planned a trip to Norfolk on July 10 to 13th to look for a house. We have a list of houses that we like, about 30, so we will be busy looking. Hopefully we will find the perfect one, since we will likely be there for at least 3 yrs.

I drew another picture yesterday, "Whippy Tree", very simple, but I like it. I won't report on my paper progress because it is shamefully slow.
Movies: Wes and I went to see "Kung Fu Panda" and it was excellent. There were some parts that were predictable, but there were also many, many funny bits. One part made me laugh so hard I couldn't stop. Even though the movie had moved on and wasn't funny anymore, I had to laugh quietly so everyone around me didn't think I was nuts. Definitely go see it.
I took Max to the beach and was throwing the ball in the water for him. This is really his first swimming experience, at least swimming on purpose. Check out this picture! He is not a very good swimmer.

No comments:
Post a Comment