Today I sent my resume out to 3 random companies. I plan to research about 30 more companies and send my resume to the appropriate ones. This is where I am with the job search. I am trying to find a job in environmental consulting, but I am afraid that I won't find anything appropriate. I am worried that I will end up with a dull job that will cause my brain cells to die of boredom.
Our plan to buy a house is progressing nicely. The bank accepted our second offer. Now we are in the process of going through the home inspection, so hopefully that will go well. We had a little trouble getting the gas turned on because the previous tenents left over a 1000$ in unpaid bills. The virginia gas company has out sourced its customer servie to India. When we called to get the gas turned on for the inspection, they wanted a copy of a lease or deed of sale. Whenever we explained that we weren't going to buy until we had an inspection, the person would pass us up the line to their boss, until we got to talk to someone in back in the states. Uggh! If you want to see pictures of the house in its pre-fixed up stage, you can go to Wes's page:
http://wbdowntown.wordpress.com/
In case I didn't mention it before, the house was trashed by the last tenants or vandals, so all the damage you see just means we got a better deal. If all goes well, we will be closing around the 21st of Aug and I will be relocating to Norfolk around then. Then let the fun begin.
In the meantime, I feel like I am in limbo. I know that I have plenty that I should be doing, like working on my research papers, but its hard to focus on the present when there are going to be so many things happening soon.
I am still working at Sylvan. Now I will be helping a Turkish student prepare her English for the GRE. Between Sylvan and physical therapy I feel like I only have a few hours here and there to work on stuff. I know that I need to become more disciplined and make better use of my time, but its hard.
I spent two days last week and finished a drawing. Its called "Mermaid's Embrace."
Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!
Our plan to buy a house is progressing nicely. The bank accepted our second offer. Now we are in the process of going through the home inspection, so hopefully that will go well. We had a little trouble getting the gas turned on because the previous tenents left over a 1000$ in unpaid bills. The virginia gas company has out sourced its customer servie to India. When we called to get the gas turned on for the inspection, they wanted a copy of a lease or deed of sale. Whenever we explained that we weren't going to buy until we had an inspection, the person would pass us up the line to their boss, until we got to talk to someone in back in the states. Uggh! If you want to see pictures of the house in its pre-fixed up stage, you can go to Wes's page:
http://wbdowntown.wordpress.com/
In case I didn't mention it before, the house was trashed by the last tenants or vandals, so all the damage you see just means we got a better deal. If all goes well, we will be closing around the 21st of Aug and I will be relocating to Norfolk around then. Then let the fun begin.
In the meantime, I feel like I am in limbo. I know that I have plenty that I should be doing, like working on my research papers, but its hard to focus on the present when there are going to be so many things happening soon.
I am still working at Sylvan. Now I will be helping a Turkish student prepare her English for the GRE. Between Sylvan and physical therapy I feel like I only have a few hours here and there to work on stuff. I know that I need to become more disciplined and make better use of my time, but its hard.
I spent two days last week and finished a drawing. Its called "Mermaid's Embrace."
Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

No comments:
Post a Comment