Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Splinter Blogs

So I have noticed that my blog has taken a slightly different direction lately. I used to just post new about what was happening in my life, but lately I have been shying away from that and posting creations and introspections. So I have decided to create a new splinter blog dedicated specifically to art, stories, and essays, so that I can dedicate this one more completely to what’s new in the Alisha World for those of you that are interested in what I am up to, but not necessarily the minutia of my thought process etc… If you are interested in those things, please go to: http://beyond-the-watchtower.blogspot.com/

However, I would love it if everyone came to visit me on both my blogs. Yay for comments!

So back to what is going on with Alisha. I think that I have been neglecting talking about current events because I still have not found a job. After 5 months of serious searching and applying, that kind of failure begins to wear on a person and I have not talked about it because I don’t want this blog to be a downer for all my friends and family. Add to that the fact that our tenants have been negligent in rent and that I miss Wes, I am not always a cheerful person. But shake it off, because I do everyday and I know that things will have to look up one of these days. If fact, they already are because one tenant paid rent and the others are promising that they will pay any day now. Also every day is one more day closer to the day Wes gets back. I have been hosting a girl’s night with Rachel and Leah for a couple weeks now and they have been vital in keeping me in good spirits. Thanks girls!!! I have been making as many new friends as I can and have joined several writer’s groups. I have been integrating myself into the Hampton Roads community in every way. Best of all, I have had a chance to write and work on some art project over the last couple months. I have been writing quite a few 1 ½ page essays this last week (see blog above) and enjoying that quite a bit. I am hoping that it may lead into a job as a writer, but who knows. It’s strange too because even though my need to find a job is much more dire than it was a couple months ago, I have let go a little bit and relaxed into "the anything’s possible" frame of mind. I don’t know that this is going to help me get a job, but it certainly will help me not be so stressed and miserable about the lack.

The house is coming along nicely. I have been a slacker on painting window sills, but have been slowly working on them. More and more items keep getting added to the “wait until Wes gets home” list, but that is OK. I know that he will want to do stuff to so that it will feel like his home too. OK, maybe he won’t want to take doors off hinges so that I can paint them, but I didn’t want to wash and hang his t-shirt collection. We all have to make sacrifices. ;)

Max has been pretty consistent about driving me nuts. Wes misses him, but I came up with a solution to make everyone, especially Willow happy.




The one blight on this last month is my last science paper. I have not touched it or written a word on it. I keep scheduling days to work on it, but somehow those days keep getting way laid into something else or I conveniently forget about it. I am putting it on my schedule for tomorrow since the whole day is currently appointment free.

I started physical therapy today and it was pretty painful. The new PTist was really pushing and prodding some muscles which, while he was doing it, hurt worse than I ever remember. He came to the conclusion that something was out of place, like a bone. Hmmm… I have had ribs pop out of place before, but I usually know. I have known that things weren’t quite right with my shoulder for a month or 2, but not that it was that specific. After he prodded for a while, he ultrasounded my shoulder (to check for babies???) and then electrocuted my back. LOL! The ultrasound is actually to warm up the deep tissue and the electrical stimulation is to get the muscle to contract until they are just too tired to contract anymore. That is when the knots start loosening up. I feel a little better now in some ways than I did this morning.

So, I am going to take Max for a walk while the sun is shining and in between random snowflakes (we only get them one at a time here in VA). Until next time...

1 comment: