Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Fabulous life of...me

I have been working on my art lately. Of course, I have always been able to lose myself when drawing and coloring, so it seems like my days are going by too quickly. I finished two drawings this week and I am going to enter one in a show this weekend, assuming I can get it framed before then.

While I work on my drawings, I have a lot of time to think and many random things pop into my head. Here is one afternoon's train of thought. They say that you should drink 2 liters of water per day. Have you ever tried to drink that much? It's actually a lot of water. Now the adult human body contains 3-5 L of blood. I bring this up because I have a really hard time believing that a vampire would be able to drain a person dry in a one sitting when I have trouble drinking 2 liters over an entire day. Of course, to buy the whole vampire myth, certain assumptions have to be made, so we can assume that by some mechanism vampires are able to consume that amount of blood. But, where does it go? Assuming that vampires are based on human anatomy because they were humans once, the blood would go to the stomach. How does it go from there to the veins??? OK, we can make the same leap in logic and assume that vampires are magic and it just happens. Now in some stories I have read (I am not going to name names here because I really like the stories), occasionally a human will be ravaged to the point of death by a vampire and to save her, they make her drink lots of fake blood. We cannot make the same leap of logic here that the blood somehow goes from the stomach to the veins. Hhhmmm, there are definitely some problems with vampire stories…well, besides the obvious ones.

So what else do I think about while I am drawing? I can't remember right now, but I think the above is enough craziness for one blog.

In addition to drawing and working on publishing science stuff, I have also been trying to work out. Everyday is a battle with this, not only because I don't like working out, but I feel like my day gets started so late. When I work out in the morning, I am not ready for the day until 10 am. I am used to rolling out of bed and spending about a half an hour getting ready, breakfast included. Now I wake up, an hour working out, then a real breakfast and then shower and dress. The problem with being healthy is that it takes too much time. I miss the days when I would roll out of bed, throw my hair into a clip and have cheetos and Mountain dew for breakfast.

So I have been whining that I feel like I don't have enough time and I have been wondering how this could be since I don't have a job. I should have all the time in the world to do anything. Well I have come to the realization today that I can do anything, I just can't do everything all at once. Anyway, at least I am having fun while I am criticizing myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment