I entered my drawing called "Off to Work" in an Open Exhibition Art Show with the theme "In and Out of the Box." The reception was last night and Wes and I went. It turns out that they awarded me "Best in Show" for "Off to Work." I actually knew about the award on Friday because I saw it when I dropped something off at the Gallery. I didn't tell anyone except Wes because I was afraid I had misunderstood or imagined it. But, its true and I am very excited about it. YAY! I'm a winner after all!
Wes is in RI now with me. It is nice to have him back home. Although he has already covered the living room in bike paraphenalia. He was putting a new tube on his tire and it burst. It sounded like a gunshot and scared the $h!t out of me. I am wondering if the neighbors thought someone had been shot. Max is now terrified. He has been cowering ever since waiting for the world to end. Its a good thing he is not really a hunting dog or he would run for the hills everytime the gun went off.

No comments:
Post a Comment