Thursday, March 13, 2008

The end of my life of liesure

So, I got a job yesterday. So sad. I will be working at a plant nursery nearby. I will be planting, weeding, watering, and cleaning plants part time. Sound right up my alley, doesn’t it. I am actually looking forward to learning new things about growing plants and maybe about various diseases and pests. I am sort of sad that I will have less time to do everything that I want with my art, but I have to pay back those student loans. Ughh! I will only be working part time to start, so that will be good. I start on Monday. I am likely to be sore for the first couple days though because we stand and lift a lot, but at least I won’t be sitting behind a desk getting fat.

I joined a book club a couple weeks ago and we met last night for the first time to discuss "The Senator’s Wife" by Susan Miller. I don’t recommend this book though. I was slow moving and was all about lying and infidelity. There are five of us in the group, but only two of us showed up last night. There was supposed to be at least one more and possibly a fourth, but only two of us showed. Neither I nor the other woman who showed liked the book though, so we were happy to abuse it without worrying about offending the women who did. I really like the other woman who showed up, so even if the book club never gets off the ground, I was happy to have met her. On a side note, there is another book called "The Senator’s wife" by someone else that I read by accident, It also about lies and infidelity and is even worse than the S. Miller book. Moral of the blog, stay away from books called "The Senator’s Wife."

No comments:

Post a Comment