Our flight there was irritating and we almost missed our connection because of delays and mechanical failures. On Friday we looked at about 6 houses. The first house was so sad. It was on the water and such a pretty plot of land. The house however, needed to be torn down. Wes and I couldn't really agree on any houses that day, so we kept looking. We had dinner with Carm and Jay and it was really good to see them again. I love how you can not see or talk to friends for long periods of time, but when you meet again, you pick right up where you left off. The next day was exhausting. We met bank people and looked at about 20 houses, including one that was so gross I was sorry that I was wearing sandals. We were able to narrow it down to about 4, but Wes and I did not necessarily agree on the ranking of those. We managed to compromise and decided to take a risk on a particular house. It is huge and on a huge lot that is private. It was foreclosed on and vandalized, so there is a lot of work to do. We put in a really low offer to see if the bank is in the mood to take it. I have to keep reminding myself not to get too excited about planning what I would like to do with the place. I don't want to be disappointed if we don't get it.

I am currently working on about three drawings, but i did manage to finish one other one. I liked the picture of Max swimming so much that I decided to try and draw it. Let me know what you think.
At Sylvan I am teaching a biology course for credit to a student from a Christian academy. The book is titled "Biology: God's living creation". It is interesting, but not difficult to avoid the sticky issues. Fortunately I don't have to teach creationism. In one of the chapters I teach, they have a section titled "Killing the Unborn Child." I kid you not! Obviously it has no place in a biology book, but that is the beauty of America. You can warp, I mean raise your kids however you want. Two more weeks of that.
Well back to work. I have too many things to do and not enough time. I guess I shouldn't be blogging then.

No comments:
Post a Comment