Today I am free! It was my last day at work. Yay! Despite the rain it was actually a pretty good day. My cursing buddy was absent and so everyone was happy (no, I am not the only one that hopes he chokes on the pesticides). I got to work with the people I liked all day long. The quotes of the day include: “Is that a corn cob in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?” “I have buttered myself.” “There is butter on my underwear.” Before you ask, yes it was a corn cob in a pocket and no, it was not me. I think the best moment though, was when someone accidentally locked the boss in a greenhouse and she had to radio to be let out. We giggled over that for the last hour. Now I am free to get back to the insanity of my own life.
Wes is coming back in a couple weeks. It seems like he has been gone forever, yet also that he only left yesterday. Weird how time passes like that… I keep making mental grocery lists of the food he likes and what I am going to cook. I might even arrange the silverware drawer as a homecoming present, but that is not very likely. Maybe I will arrange it, take a picture and print a cover for the chaos that I prefer. Viable solution to the Silverware War of the Brown household? Well, amusing anyway.
I have some good writing news. An article I wrote is being published in To the Point art magazine. You can read it here: Library of Babel.
I am still working on the color pencil drawing, but I have to finish it this week if I want to enter it in the CPSA show. It should take about 8-10 hrs of work yet, but now that I am free, I have it penciled in for Monday (no pun intended). :D I will post a picture of the finished piece soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment