Sunday, November 29, 2020

Road Tripping 2020 Day 10

November 27, 2020
We are not packing up and moving on this morning, so I can enjoy a nice cup of tea by the fire this morning. This is what it's all about! 

Today's adventure:  Chiricahua (Cheery-Cow-Ha) National monument. 

Now I don't usually endorse parks because everyone should choose their own adventure, but I'm demanding you see this park. It's amazing. 
"Wonderland of Rocks"

We paused for lunch at the top of a mountain before setting off on a hike. 

Amazing view upon view. I had my fancy camera and took over two hundred photos. I was stopping every few feet to take more photos. 

The proposed hike was about five miles. 
Now we hiked four miles up and down a volcano last week so this should be doable... should. Except that road was paved and this was a rough rocky trail. My ankle (that I broke in Jan) was not pleased with this, so I turned back after a mile down the mountain and hiked back up the mountain while the rest of the family went onwards.
There were several rock formations on the hike that I was going to miss out on, like the Duck, so I made up a few of my own. Can you spot chubby Sid (from ice age)?

And I call this one the Gummy Bear King.

All in all a totally amazing place to visit. 

2 comments:

  1. Amazing photos!! Is it knows how the columns of rock clusters were formed? I would love to know that story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing! Everywhere you look is "wow!" Lol at you taking so many pics.....I feel you. Went first time in 1980's and revisited 2 years ago. Still blown away!

    ReplyDelete