Thursday, November 26, 2020

Road Tripping 2020 - Day 8

November 25, 2020

Woke up to ice in the water bottle. Yikes!

Normally i'm up first making tea but today I refused tp very out of my warm sleeping bag so Wes made the bacon! 

White Sands Park! One of the kid's picks for this trip. Visitor center is closed but park is open.

Lunch before play. 

Let's just pretend its snow. 

The kids wish list included sledding down the dunes but unfortunately the visitor center was closed so no sled rental. ☹ I asked for a loan from a nearby group and it was the longest conversation I've had with anyone outside our family on this trip. Don't worry, we were 20 ft apart and we sanitized hands afterwards. 

Sledding lasted about 3 trips down because the kids realized how much work it was to climb up sand dunes. 

An hour down the road we pulled into Aguirre Springs Campground. Amazing views! What a way to end the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment